Venmo is one of the most popular money transfer apps that you can use for personal use. But there are some issues that you may encounter while using the Venmo app. One of the major issues that you might have noticed is that sometimes payments decline. Mainly, the issues like transaction failure can create a lot of problems and make you unable to do any online transactions. Here, in this article, we have mentioned some common causes and troubleshooting guides to fix Payment failing issues on Venmo.
What Fails Your Transaction on Venmo App?
Needless to say, there are several causes by which you may face difficulty while paying through activating a Venmo card. These reasons make your payments unsuccessful without money or less balance in your bank account. But, in case if your Venmo card or transaction declined with money, it is very important to find the exact reason. Some of the common reasons for the unsuccessful transaction are mentioned below:
- Poor internet connectivity is the most common reason for the maximum number of the failed transactions.
- It is impossible to complete International payment through Venmo or its debit card.
- You might be using a blocked bank account, debit, or credit card.
- There can be some virus/corrupted files available on your phone that make the app unresponsive or stops working temporarily.
- Sometimes, due to improper maintenance works, bank networks may stop working and thus stops all the payments done through mobile applications.
- Using improper settings/configurations on the phone may also stop the Venmo from working properly.
How to fix Venmo Transaction Getting Declined Issue?
Whenever you receive an error message indicating, “Venmo transaction could not be completed”, it is very important to fix the problem. There are a number of troubleshooting steps that you can try to fix the Venmo not working problems or any issue related to money transfer on Venmo. Some of the troubleshooting methods that you can try to fix are:
- Ensure that you have a proper internet connection. As a strong and fine network is required to do transactions on Venmo. You can fix the problem by using a common or public internet connection.
- Avoid using VPN or any other location hiding tool on your mobile phone while sending money.
- Properly scan your device/phone using any reliable and certified anti-virus program.
- It is also important to check whether the date and time settings are correctly saved on your phone.
- You may also talk to your bank to ensure whether any maintenance work is going on or not at their side. If they say yes, then wait for few hours.
- If everything is OK, then it is recommended to change your debit card or bank account and must try another bank account.
Hope, the above-mentioned methods might have helped you to know how to fix the Venmo payment declining issue. We also mentioned the common reasons for being unable to send or receive money on Venmo. Hopefully, all the given information given in this article will come as a great help. You can also get in touch with experts available at Venmo customer service to fix your problem.