Venmo is a popular mobile application owned by PayPal that helps you to easily send money to each other with a single touch through your smartphones. Venmo allows you to pay and request money from your friends and relatives who are in your contact. You can also split a lunch bill or cab fare or the rent using this mobile app. It is very easy and simple to use the app. But it is very important to know how to send and receive money on the Venmo app.
After setup Venmo account, you can easily make all the required transactions. All you need is your login credentials, like your user address and password. Here, in this article, we have mentioned detailed information on how can you send and receive money from your friends and relatives using the Venmo app.
How Can I Send Payments with Venmo?
There is a button located in the bottom-right corner of the screen of the Venmo app that you can use to send or request a payment.
To send a payment through your Venmo account, it is important to know the Venmo account handle of the person to whom you want to send money. You can also use the Venmo codes feature that was introduced in 2017 to identify the person to whom you want to pay money.
Since Venmo codes came into existence, the company offers a scanning feature that allows you to scan the QR code associated with the Venmo account of the receiver to whom you want to pay. Since each QR code is unique, you can easily scan his/her Venmo QR code and there is no need to worry that whether you are paying the correct person. If your account doesn’t have enough money, then you need to add money to Venmo account.
Venmo actually offers four different ways to search for someone to whom you want to pay through Venmo. The app also allows you to search using any of the following information that you might know about the person you intend to pay:
Quick Steps to Send And Receive Payments on Venmo App
So, the above details will help you to know the basics about sending or receiving money on the Venmo app. Now, you can go through the step-by-step guide given below to send and receive money on this popular person-to-person mobile payment application.
- Open the Venmo app on your mobile phone. (It must be noted that you can’t send and receive money through its website).
- Locate the Pay or Request button on the home screen. Usually, this button is indicated as “Pay or Request,” or looks like a pencil and a square.
- Enter login credentials like the username, phone number, or email of the person to whom you want to pay or charge. Ensure that you are entering the right details, as any mistake may lead to payment to any other person.
- Now, enter the amount that you want to send. Suppose, you want to send your friend $50, then you need to enter “50” in the field with the dollar sign to the right of the person’s name.
- In the “What’s it for” field, you can type in whatever you want. But what you will type, suggested emojis will pop up.
- At last, click on either the “Request” or “Pay” button in the blue bar, depending on what you want to do.
Many people and businesses owners offer business cards that have their own Venmo QR codes. You can scan these codes to find and pay money to them through Venmo simpler and easier. You must have activate Venmo card to use some features of the Venmo app. If you are facing problems while scanning a Venmo code to identify the person you have to pay, you can type in the person’s Venmo user account id.