Since the establishment of Venmo in 2007, it became one of the most popular payment apps available in the US. But sometimes, you may experience issues while using popular online payment applications like Venmo, PayPal, Cash App, or Google wallet. Sometimes, the problem is so serious that you even need to delete your Venmo account. You always can switch to any other payment app without hassle. But for doing so, it is important to delete your Venmo account so that no one can use it.
You must note that deleting a Venmo app from your phone/device does not mean that you have deleted your Venmo account. Also, stopping using Venmo for a long time even after successfully signing up will not result in the closure of your Venmo account. In both cases, your Venmo account will exist in Venmo’s server, indicating that you are still a current Venmo user. If any Venmo account holder has died, then someone else from his/her family can contact the Venmo support team and get transferred money. They can even delete the Venmo account without any password.
How Can I Delete my Venmo Account?
It is very easy and simple to delete your Venmo account and create a new one. In such a case, you don’t need any detail of your old deleted account. But it must be noted that you cannot access information like all past transactions, payment history, linked bank account details in your new account.
All you have to do is complete the signup process and set up your account and need to verify your new Venmo account by sharing your SSN to send and receive emails beyond certain limits. Follow the steps given below to delete your Venmo account:
- Visit https://venmo.com/account/sign-in in any browser installed on your computer or laptop. Then, log in to your Venmo account.
- Select the incomplete option to confirm that there is no pending payment.
- Now, select “Transfer Money” to transfer all of your funds to the linked bank account.
- Once the money is successfully transferred, click on the “Settings” button to open it.
- Finally, click on the “Close My Venmo Account” button to delete your Venmo account.
- Then, Venmo will ask you to download your Venmo payment history as it might help you in the future.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to delete your Venmo account.
How to cancel a Venmo payment before closing the account?
Venmo never allows its users to cancel a successful payment. However, you might be unable to cancel a pending payment on Venmo and before that, you cannot delete your account. Moreover, as per the Venmo policy for account deletion, you can delete your account only when there is no pending payment left. So, you should first check your payment history and cancel a pending payment before closing your Venmo account. If you have forgotten the Venmo password and username, then visit https://help.venmo.com/hc/en-us/articles/210413997-Reset-Password to check the steps to reset your login password.
You can follow the steps given below to know how to cancel a Venmo payment before closing the account:
- Firstly, sign in to your Venmo account and then click the three horizontal lines to open the menu tab.
- Now, select the “Incomplete” option from the drop-down menu and then choose the “Payment” tab.
- If there is any pending Venmo payment, then it will appear on the next screen.
- Finally, to cancel a Venmo payment that is not completed, click on the “Cancel” button.
- To complete the whole process, scan your thumb or finger or enter PIN to save the changes.
What happens when you close your Venmo account?
After deleting your Venmo account, your login credentials cannot be used by anyone. It also indicates that you can’t send or receive money using the Venmo app, and neither access other functionalities like Venmo direct deposit and Venmo debit card. In such a case, you can get in touch with Venmo support team by dialing Venmo official phone number or Venmo official email address. You will receive a confirmation email with all your Venmo transaction history in compliance with federal regulations.